Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Change is Gonna Come

A couple of years ago, when I wrote my first post, I was so new to the blogging world. I didn't even realize people blogged. I had heard about a couple of blogs and thought, maybe I could use this as a tool to raise money for Cancer. I was running my second half marathon ever and trying to raise money/awareness for the American Cancer Society.




I am so excited that I started doing this because I have really enjoyed writing this blog. I don't know if that many people really read it, but it's kind of a fun way for me to write my thoughts out - it's like an online journal - that is edited so that I don't let all my crazy out :) - and it also has pictures because my private journal does not. 


The reason I mention all of this is because I'm re-evaluating my blog, how it has evolved, what else would I like to change, etc. Where do I want my blog to go? Obviously, I don't make money with this so I really can do whatever I want. A couple of thoughts - 

Design - 

Last year, I changed the name of my blog to reflect more of my personality. I am sticking with it because I think it's really the best representation of me. I am definitely a yogi - someone on a quest to become a better person and incorporate loving, spiritual principles in my life - and I am definitely southern - college football, anyone? So the name, she's a staying. 

BUT - I'd really love to change the look of this blog. I want to keep it simple so that people focus on the words vs the design, but I think it's a tad bit boring and if you know me, I love worldly things - so a bland pic  of Edisto Marsh is beautiful but not a true reflection of who I am. So, that's something I'll slowly be working on - making my blog a little livelier and a little worldlier. 


Topics - 

Obviously, I will continue talking about working out. I haven't been running as much because I got so burnt out but I have absolutely gotten to the point where I am ready to get back to it. It'll take me some time to get into a swing of things, but I miss running. It helps me clear my mind and get rid of extra energy. In my job, I sit at my desk 10 hours a day so I get a little manic sometimes. My husband is annoyed, so it's time to get out some energy!



DIY and Decor - 

Now that I actually have a house that I want to put money and time into, I will be talking a lot about at home projects. I've got so much to do and I am enjoying every minute of it. So expect more pillow and furniture painting posts!


I am definitely going to work on my photography. I don't have a fancy camera or photoshop so that makes it difficult but I'm going to try just a little harder 

Green Living - 

I actually live a fairly green lifestyle. We recycle a lot - we're starting to compost - we only eat free range eggs and free range meat, etc etc. I think that I need to focus more on this because there is so much information out there that is different - it might be nice to see how one incorporates things into their daily life - 




Food - 

Since I love baking and eating, I will definitely be talking about food a lot. 




Local Businesses - 

I love Greenville and I think we actually have a lot of really cute local businesses. I've discussed some places like Tortilla Maria, etc. I am going to continue doing that and really highlight the great things in Greenville. Since most of my readers live here, why not talk about little hidden gems. 


I am open to suggestions, so please let me know if there is anything you'd like to see!! Any design ideas - anything!!!






1 comment:

  1. I love your pics that you insert. I'm a visual person and get inspiration from seeing things. Scared to get into Pinterest as I don't want to spend hours and hours on the computer beyond what I do for work but am getting more and more curious about it.

    ReplyDelete