Monday, November 10, 2014

My New Yoga Page







Hello everyone! I haven't written on this blog in a year, wow. Obviously, I had a baby plus I started another blog, called Finger Paints and Collard Greens. In all honesty, I haven't been blogging much simply because having a toddler is one of the most difficult things I've ever done. You can go there to check out what it's been like so far. I plan on utilizing that blog for all of my mommy/parent content. 

I've decided to revisit this old page because I'd like to focus some of my energy on developing my yoga "brand", if you will. I am teaching, although only twice a week, but feel like I'd like to put a lot more energy into continuing in that direction. I love teaching yoga, I think because I get to share part of my journey with my students. My classes usually include a meditation, a message, breath work, and some rigorous exercise (asanas). I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head and while I'm not even really sure that anyone is reading, I feel the pull to begin putting them on paper, so to speak. 

How is this blog going to transform from what it was before? I'm going to have much more direction as it will be specifically focused my experience in yoga, both physically and spiritually, my journey as a Catholic, my journey through the 12 steps, and my journey through other spiritual/emotional tools like A Course in Miracles. I am going to be putting myself out there a bit more which is always a scary thing, but I believe that is what we are charged to do in this life. I think we have a responsibility to ourselves and others to be who we are even if it's different from anyone else. Who knows what message we're delivering when we stay true to ourselves. So be on the lookout for more frequent posts and please feel free to interact with me. It makes me feel like someone is listening :)

Namaste, 

Wendi 

p.s. please follow me on Instagram @asouthernyogi 

No comments:

Post a Comment