Monday, April 25, 2011

Zumba!!!

As many of you know, I'm kind of pzyophrenic when it comes to working out if I don't have an event to train for. That will be taken care of on April 27th, as that's when lottery participants are granted or denied entrance into the NYC marathon. If I do get in, we know what i'll be doing, if not, Rock'n'Roll Savannah here I come. In the meantime, I'm trying to get back into running from a long break. I ran 3 times last week and while I was supposed to do a long run sunday morning, my legs and shins were so sore that I thought I'd allow myself some time to recover. It's better for me to ease back into distance and repitition than it is for me to get an injury (back, hip, shins and achilles are my go tos).

Sunday, I did a Zumba video with my stepdaughters. Jesse loves to dance (she's the 10 year old) and I had been promising her all weekend we would do it. It is so fun and I'm always worn out when I'm done. You think an at home video would be stupid and really not a good work out, but I'm always so tired when I'm done. I sweat so much and my legs are sore...

Zumba was created by a guy named "Beto", he's Colombian, in the 90's. It is getting super popular because it's fun and it's a good workout. Here is the video we did: Zumba. I don't think it brings you directly to the video, but that's the website.

*
We do the salsa, reggaeton, cumbia, merengue, etc etc.

**
That's Beto


***

It combines my fav things, the Latin culture, dance and fitness!! It's kind of cheesy but I love it!

pics from the internet
*www.abbybelladance.com
**www.schmoozyfox.com
***www.howlandplacefitness.com

1 comment:

  1. I love Zumba!! I did a post about it last year actually :)

    http://inthepinkandgreen.blogspot.com/2010/02/zumba-zumba-zumba.html

    I used to go every week but now I don't anymore and I miss it! I need to try the dvd!

    ReplyDelete