Saturday, June 11, 2011

CUPCAKE TIME!!!!

(imagine that in the cookie monster voice)

Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged but I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time. I missed Flashback Friday so we'll reconvene next friday with a new one. In the meantime, I was VERY excited yesterday about a trip to a couple of new places in downtown Greenville this week.

Before I get to that, let's review my workouts for the week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: Nike Training Club workout - 45 minutes - weights and body weight strength stuff
Wednesday: morning intervals - 4.1 miles
Thursday: 45 minute swim - 900 meters
Friday: 45 spin class, afternoon yoga class
Saturday: 9 miles with the distance group. I met a new lady, Cindy, and it was fun!!

I will say that spin class the day before a long run is not good. My legs were sore and tired. I'm going to have to switch thursday and friday...

Now onto restaurant review for downtown greenville!!!

The Trappe Door is a new Belgian restaurant downtown in between Barley's and Luna Rosa. The first thing I want to mention is the owner of this restaurant took a trip to Belgium and that's where he came up with the idea for this restaurant. The authenticity is apparent in the decor and menu. It feels very European and the atmosphere is relaxing.





The menu had a variety of things including burgers, mussels, and my fav, CREPES!!! So, of course, that's what I got. I had a shrimp and asparagus crepe with some kind of cheese. It came with a side of asparagus drizzled in a cream sauce and prosciutto. It was rich, but exactly what I was looking for. Others in our group got a burger, salmon, and soup. All looked delish!! 

My only complaint was the service. We ended up being there an hour and a half which is okay when you are out for a leisurely lunch with your friends, not when you have an hour for lunch. Other than that,  highly recommend. 

*all photos are from the Trappe Door website
__________________________________________________________________________________

Greenville has a new cupcake shop called The Chocolate Moose. YUM YUM YUM... I love dessert more than anything, as you've seen in previous posts, so I was excited when I learned about this new cupcake shop downtown. They are located directly across the street from Guadalajara, which made for an easy trip after a lunch of yummy mexican. They have all KINDS of cupcakes including 

black & white

almond

key lime

and the INFAMOUS red velvet

They have other desserts as well, such as

cake pops

Tira-Moose Sue

Muffins, coffee cakes and cheesecakes!! Yum

I had the Red Velvet Cupcake and the pop. What I will say is that I still like Iced the best, but both desserts were delicious. They also use organic ingredients so it's GUILT FREE!! 

*all photos are from the Chocolate Moose website


I love that Greenville has all of these little local gems. As a "foodie", these are the types of places that make a town have charm so as a native, I'm proud my hometown is coming into it's own!!!

Where are you from?
What kind of fun local stores does your town have?









No comments:

Post a Comment