Monday, August 8, 2011

Changes in Training

So last week, my training was terrible in that, again, I only ran two times and swam once. That is not usual for me, but there has been so much going on, I just haven't been able to do it all. Another thing is that some of my commitments have changed which is awesome because now I can just focus on my own schedule and I don't have to worry about anyone else's. I prefer that.

So first thing's first; how is my schedule going to change?

Well, instead of running monday, wednesday, saturday, I'm probably going to be wednesday, friday, sunday. That way, I can cross train tuesday/thursday/saturday and have monday off. Another thing is that my plan is to swim 3 days a week. I like swimming, it's a great way to cross train and I have so much to make up in swimming so that next year, when I do more tri's, I'm going to hopefully catch up a little if I spend time on swimming now. It's so gentle on your body, I can do it every day if I really want to. or I feel that way anyway.

Today, I had to make up yesterday's long run, so I set out to run 8 miles. I only did 6 because of time contraints and because I wasn't feeling well. I felt dehydrated, my legs were heavy, and I just had no energy. I also haven't been eating great so that may have contributed to not a great run. I'm going to finish my 2.5 miles tonight so I can get the mileage in for the day. It's not my preference, but it is what it is.

Normally, what I would like to do is:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: swim/strength train
Wednesday: run - intervals
Thursday: swim
Friday: Run - speed work
Saturday: BIKE BIKE BIKE BIKE - I got my pedals/clips put on and I'm so excited to ride and maybe swim if I have time
Sunday: long run

I can always make adjustments based on my schedule/how I feel. With football seasons coming up, I'm a little nervous about how this is all going to fit. I've never trained during football season, so I don't know what it's like. What I will say is that football is usually #1...

________________________________________________________________________


And on to the next. So, this week, I'm going to try to alter my diet a little. I'm not going strict paleo because I just don't think I can maintain it long term, but I'm going to have more paleo tendencies.  A couple of things I'm not going to give up right away: oatmeal and yogurt. My oatmeal is gluten free and I eat plain greek yogurt, so as long as I don't continue to feel nausea, I'm still eating those. IF i am still nauseous a lot, then maybe i'll consider eliminating those others. I think I'm going to try to limit my dairy to 1 serving a day. I just love it so much, I'm not sure I can let it go 100%. I know that people live and die by paleo, but I'm different in that I have food issues and completely cutting anything out of my diet can be dangerous.

I am going to do some research on Paleo and see what i can take away from it. I think if I make some small changes like eliminating breads and most dairy, I'll see results. My motivation for this is no weight loss or performance, but trying to seek a cure for my nausea and my skin. I have been breaking out for the last couple of years and I just don't know what to do. I think it may have something to do with my diet. :(


Do you have experience with Paleo?
How do you do on strict diets? 

No comments:

Post a Comment