Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I love Rock n Roll

So, someone found my blog by searching for the phrase "tomorrow wendi is going to die". THAT IS TERRIBLE!!

____________________________________________________________________




Here is my outfit for today. My husband took it while going #2, so it is at a weird angle, and that information is probably weird but I was in a hurry.





Also, our bedroom is a mess, so please don't look and I know it needs decorating. 


_______________________________________________________________________



On to my thought for today. I just saw on Facebook where the Rock'n'Roll Savannah is sold out. That means that with 10 weeks left, 23,000 participants have signed up to run 13.1 or 26.2 miles in one of the most awesome cities EVER!!

My hubby & I took a trip there a couple of years ago. 




'
wtf am I doing here? the Sam Adams pose? 






It's similar to Charleston if you've ever been there but much more quaint & almost a little more European feeling. It's also flat but not in a bad way. So it should be awesome. 


The Rock n Roll series is so awesome, I don't even think about running other races. 

1. it is well organized. They usually start on time, start line is clearly marked, your corral is clearly marked, lots of potties, lots of water/Gu stations and lots of help. The expo is usually HUGE and they have lots and lots of vendors with lots of fun things. There is also a band on just about every mile marker. I don't wear headphones because I like to hear what's going on. In Nashville, they had a Gospel choir and it was so uplifting (especially on such a hilly course). I wonder what type of music they'll have for Savannah. 

New Orleans


Nashville



My motivation was waning a bit, but after a good morning run and some excitement about Savannah, I think i'm getting it back. I hope so anyway. 








2 comments:

  1. HAHA Wendi, ONLY you would write that my husband took this picture of me while he was going to the bathroom...ahahaha...I like your outfit tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that's a song lyric from Concrete Blonde. Their song is "Tomorrow, Wendy" and the lyric is "Tomorrow Wendy is going to die" - it's about the lead singer's friend who died of AIDS.

    Yes, I know too much useless stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete