Wednesday, September 21, 2011

To Run or Not To Run

If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I am not feeling super prepared for the marathon I have in November. To recap, my issues are as follows -

*yoga teacher training once a month which also includes 2 yoga classes a week
*football season
*work - 50 hours per week
*a HUGE event downtown this weekend
*3 weddings

These are all issues that are prohibiting me from committing 100% to marathon training. I run 3 days per week (which are scheduled, I'm not worried about that), and only have time for 1 cross training day a week. I typically should be doing 2-3 more days of cross training.

So here are my thoughts -

SHOULD I JUST DO THE HALF?


This is a serious consideration. Maybe I'm just not ready right now and while it feels kind of difficult saying that, I've got to do what is best for me. And I don't like half assing things. So I'd rather just do the half which I know I can do, than halfway train for a full and not be happy.

Have you ever had to change your distance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment