Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Local Highlight! - StylebyBecca

One thing I'd really like to do moving forward is focus on local business throughout the upstate. I think buying from local business is one of the most important things one can do. You're supporting your community when you shop local and helping build a stronger economy for the people in your area.

I met Rebecca Gordon Pike in my running group about a year ago. She always came out to Wednesday morning speed groups and killed it! So when I heard about her opening a new store (a year ago), I couldn't wait to visit. I found a cute store with lots of unique, stylish items at a reasonable price. I bought everything from nail polish, a sweater, some earrings and a ring. I can't wait to go back but have to hold back a bit simply because I always end up spending money!! I asked Rebecca if I could interview her for my blog because I want everyone to visit a hidden gem in the art district of Greenville.




1. Tell me a little bit about your store - 


    Style by Becca is a cozy and intimate boutique located in the Arts District - I offer cutting, coloring, waxing by appointment only Monday through Friday. The boutique is open for shopping Tuesday through Friday 9 until 5 and after hours by appointment only. I also offer personal shopping and styling









2. How did you come up with the idea for Style By Becca?


   Style by Becca is the name of the blog I have been writing for a few years... My clients always wanted to know how I would wear an accessory or item of clothing so I just thought hmmmm..... it's not wrong or right but it's Style by Becca's way, haha








3. Who are some of your style icons? 

    Audrey Hepburn and Rachel Zoe




4. How would you describe your style? 

    An eclectic mix for sure. I love layering and lots of lace. I am not a label girl - if it looks good and I love it, I will wear it - I love accessories and scarves and anything pretty 




5. Tell me a little bit about yourself. 

   I was born in New York state and grew up loving all things having to do with fashion. I told my mom at the age of 5 that I wanted to grow up and be a "hair person" haha. I went to Cosmetology school and graduated in 1991. I currently am licensed in both New York state and South Carolina. I opened my first hair salon almost 9 years ago and after my divorce and simplifying my life, I came to the tough decision to downsize and not have staff any longer. I wanted to have a cozy boutique and just work one on one with my clients. I wanted to have more time with each one and just be creative. I had the best staff but I just was not passionate about managing people any more. I am a runner and also love to practice yoga. I am a vegetarian and am very interested in a health lifestyle. 





6. Tell me about the location of your store - why did you choose it? 

I moved my business to the Arts District in March 2011 - I loved that area and being so close to my artists friends. It is close to downtown and just so quaint. 






7. What do you love about Greenville? 

I moved here almost 20 years ago now - time flies - I love downtown near my studio and I love that there are so many creative people as well as places to eat. It's also turned into a great running city. It's close to the mountains, big cities and the beach. 





8. You have some exciting news about Nick Arrojo - tell us about it. 

Well, I became an Ambassador store that exclusively carries his product line. I feel honored to be chosen. He is an amazing artist in my industry. I will be attending a two day class wit ARROJO at the end of April. I am so excited!



9. Any special events coming up?? 

   Style By Becca studio is usually open late for shopping the first Friday of most months 6 until 9 pm. I am currently brainstorming with some other gals for some fun shopping events featuring some artists that make homemade goodies


Please go visit Rebecca at her store at 1279 Pendleton Street, Greenville, SC 29611
Like her Facebook Page
Follow her blog

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of that store, but I like what I see and now want to stop by for a little retail therapy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so cute but beware, every time I go, I buy SOMETHING!

      Delete