Monday, December 10, 2012

Family Time

This weekend was a weekend that was full of family time. I've spent a year truly trying to dedicate my life towards living in the present moment but it's been more difficult than I imagined. There are so many things I want to do, and so many things I want to experience, but in my situation right now, I don't have the time. I've explored so many different new things, really trying to experience life and learn about the world, but have found that even though they're things I want to do and not just obligations, I'm still rushing to each new experience and worrying about being on time, having time for others things and neglecting myself and my family in the process. After taking some advice, I decided to start scheduling family time and before saying yes to a commitment, really thinking about it and giving an answer later. The result, so far, has been more time with my family which has been very rewarding.

This weekend, my stepdaughters and I painted canvases to put in their room as decoration. They are REALLY talented - here they are -

Neely's painting (she's 13)


my drawing, inspired my Zanti Power Yoga - see the pics in the back:)

Jesse, she's 11


It was so fun to do, we have completed some stuff to help decorate their room, and even though we were doing things and away from home, I feel rested. 

We also did some holiday decorating crafts - 



inspired by some Pinterest finds



I've found that doing things with them, and not having a slammed schedule, makes me happier, it makes me feel more rested, it makes me worry less, etc. 

The down side of that is that I've been missing out on some things such as regular yoga classes (I've resorted to a regular at home morning practice), running - especially in a group, things like that. But, you know, I just can only do what I can do at this point. It won't be like this forever, and we'll see how it evolves in the future. But for now, I feel grateful to have the opportunity to make these memories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment