Friday, April 22, 2011

Run #2

So yesterday was my second day in my PALA 10k Training Program . I decided to run at lunch because I am in this stage right now where I can NOT get up before 6:30 am. What I will say is that it was not fun, I didn't enjoy it, it was hot, it was muggy, pelham rd sucks to run on and my legs were on fire. This is what happens when I don't run for a long time. It's like I'm starting all over again. I was averaging between a 9:30-10:30 pace so I tried to slow down to accomodate for how I was feeling, but I had a hard time doing so. I was listening to the Boston station on Pandora which had some good music playing, but sometimes they throw in Bon Jovi or The Eagles and I'm like, bleh. Here was my nasty landscape on Pelham Rd

traffic, traffic, traffic... although this pic doesn't demonstrate that really

I did find a little neighborhood to run through which gave me a break from the noise of the cars and the trees gave me some shade.


One house had a pretty flower bed so I enjoyed that and took note for my own yard.


this pic doesn't do it justice

My final results:

3.54 miles
38:30 time (that includes a warm up and cool down but I would say I averaged a 10:30 pace)

In other news, I wanted to share this video because granddaddy is walking like a champ! The nurses can't believe how early he's walking!


this is my first time uploading a video, so I hope it works :)



No comments:

Post a Comment