Thursday, September 29, 2011

Homemade Pulled Pork

My dad sent me a recipe for homemade, non grilled pulled pork sandwiches that I made yesterday. I'm not exactly sure where he got it but it was DELICIOUS!!

Ingredients -


1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tsp black Pepper 
1 tsp cayenne Pepper 
1 tsp garlic Powder 
1 tsp dried Thyme 
1/2 tsp Salt (I used kosher salt)
boneless pork shoulder 5-6 lbs
1 c water (or cola) 

mix the dried goods together and rub all over pork




Add water or cola and cook on Low for 8 hours


In following my thoughts on Ahimsa yesterday - the pork was from Whole Foods and was a 4 on a scale of 1-5!!



a good photographer, I am not, but you get the point

*I also made home made mac n cheese!! Whole wheat noodles and whole wheat buns! Yummy!
I wouldn't put this in the healthy category but I will put it in the delish category




No comments:

Post a Comment