Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes and my First Pillow

I made blueberry pancakes after yoga this morning. I found the recipes on Allrecipes using whole wheat flour.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk, plus more if necessary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
  • 1/2 cup blueberries

Directions

  1. Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
  2. Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.

I went to a couple of different sites, including FFF, but I don't have wild rice flour or oat flour or any of those things, so I just googled whole wheat pancake recipes. This is what I came up with. 

It was good, but it was a little floury. I'd prefer to use Whole Wheat Pastry Flour because it tends to be a little softer. 


____________________________________________________



Yesterday was a crafty day for me. I started off painting the cabinet for my kitchen. Here is the rug I'm basing all of my colors on 

I love the blues, greens and oranges. My kitchen is like a beige, so these are all in the same color family


This is the before


our paint


This is where we are now. I'm going to try to finish it today



I also went to my mother in law's house and we worked on pillows. We decided to monogram the pillows which seemed to take a long time. So we got 1 pillow done, but it is awesome. 










We're making another one like this, but it will have a W&J on it for Wendi & James. Then we have a small pillow to make and we'll be done with the living room pillows. Woot Woot!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment