Sunday, December 25, 2011

A New Christmas Tradition

Yesterday was a special day because it was a day of firsts. It was our first Christmas Eve in our home, our first dinner party in our home and hopefully, a first year for many Christmas Eve dinner's with our family. My parents and James parents came over to have dinner and watch the girls open their Christmas parents.

We got up early and spent the day unpacking boxes that were still hanging around, cleaning the house and preparing the food.

I made herb crusted pork tenderloin



Mashed Sweet Potatoes




Green Bean Casserole



and mesquite chocolate chip cookies




I got to use my fine china and crystal for the first time since we got married - almost 5 years ago



And I got to use the napkins my mother in law made me for our wedding that match my china



I bought some flowers




We still don't have a formal dining table and I didn't want to buy a table cloth for a table we don't have, so there are some little things that I will do differently next year, but overall, it was a success. The food turned out great and I have found that I LOVE cooking. I knew I did before, but when I have time, I REALLY do. 

Overall, I feel a little emotional because I am so grateful for everything. A house is a material thing but this new house has brought us a lot of gifts. We now have a space to fill with love and to share with others we love. Our old house was cute, but it was hard to have anyone come over and be with us because there was no room. We both never thought we would have anything like this, so we are humbled and very grateful for the gifts we have been given. 










No comments:

Post a Comment