Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Race Calenders suck....

One of the biggest issues I have is trying to find races in other areas. I'm not a local race kind of gal, haha. I like two pick 1 or 2 big races a year and train for them. And I like for those races to be out of town. My major races have been a half marathon trail run in Ft Yargo (GA), the Rock'n'Roll Country Music Half in Nashville and the Rock'n'Roll half in New Orleans. I have 2 other big races scheduled, the RnR Full in Savannah and the RnR full in New Orleans 2012.

All that being said, the reason I am writing about this today is because people ask me all the time about races and 5ks they can do. I never know where to look and while there are a lot of race calenders online, they're not my fav. So... my friend started a website that is kind of like facebook for runners. In fact, it links in with facebook.

Race Bucket

It's cool because I can see the races that my friends are doing. It's in the early stages right now, so people are continuously adding races. I'm blogging about it so people across the US can join and start adding races in their community. Once it's built up, it'll be a great way to learn about new races, coordinate races with friends, etc etc etc.

Visit this site and start adding races... NOW!

3 comments: