Saturday, June 25, 2011

Long Run In Charleston

I was really excited about my long run in the beautiful, nice, flat charleston. My plan was to get up early, and run down to the battery. Turns out, hubby wanted to run too and he also wanted to sleep in so at 8:40, I finally woke him up and said, let's go.

The first 2 miles - awesome. They felt good, I felt strong, then we hit the battery. It was hot and my legs were a little sore from walking the day before. I also wanted to run faster than I should've been running on a long run. I decided to switch to run 5, walk 1 since I wanted to be speedy, but at that point, it was too late. I was thirsty, I was hungry, I was hot and I was pissed. By the time that we got back to the hotel, I still had 2 miles to go but my motivation was bleh.

So, that was it. Not great, but lesson learned. Next time, eat, bring water, and run early.

No comments:

Post a Comment