Friday, May 27, 2011

FLASHBACK FRIDAY!!

I've decided to implement another weekly thing and I'm going to call it Flashback Friday. Now that I'm getting old, I realize how much I appreciate music, movies, fashion, etc from earlier decades.

Today, we're going to pick from the 1990's.

Song from the 90's:



The single was released in 1993 and was the first hit off of her album, janet. The hit was very successful as was her album. It's still one of my favs.

TV show from the 90's:


Beverly Hills 90210... Who can forget Kelly's cocaine problem, Brenda's attitude problem, and Jason' drinking problem? I remember the night the last episode aired, I was a waitress in a restaurant in Columbia, SC and I kept sneaking into the bar to watch it. 

Movie of the 90's: 



I talk about this movie all the time. Leonardo DiCaprio does such a good job playing a mentally handicapped boy. I can't IMAGINE that you haven't seen this, but if you have not: GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW. STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH THIS MOVIE

And last but not least: Fashion trend of the 90's: 




CHUNKY SHOES!!

As terrible as these look now, I have several pair of chunky shoes. I would wear them with dresses, pants, whatever... 


Do you remember the 90's?
Have you seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape? 
Did you own any chunky shoes?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment