Monday, August 15, 2011

First time this has ever happened...

but I've lost my training motivation. Last week, I didn't do diddly squat. Monday - I ran 9 miles which was good. Tuesday - I swam. Wednesday - I did my intervals/tempo morning stuff. Thursday - i didn't do crap, friday - i didn't do crap, saturday - I swam and sunday - i did a short speed workout.

I was supposed to do something different but 1) I'm actually a week ahead of training for different reasons but decided that because the last two weeks haven't been great training, I'm going to start week 12 over again and 2) I just haven't felt as motivated to train. Normally, if I feel like I don't want to work out, I do it anyway because I know that I have a major race to prepare for but this last week, I didn't care. And maybe that's because I had that extra week so I'm hoping I can get off my lazy bum and work work work.







Which brings me to this week. I am now officially in week 12 of Marathon training. My training schedule says that I need to do this:


speedwork - 6 x 1/4 mile at 10k pace with full recovery between sets
temp - 5 x 4 minutes, recover 3-4 minutes
long run - 120 minutes run - simulate race pace

I have two cross training days but since I'm trying to do at least 2 days of swimming and 1 bike, I have 3 cross training days. My swimming workout that I got off of Beginner Triathlete says my workouts for this week are:

swim #1 - warm up: 100 m swim, 100 kick, 100 pull, 100 swim 30 second rest b/w each 100, 12 x 25 swim: with 30 second rest b/w each 25, swim #1 easy, #2 faster, #3 faster, #4 faster. Start over and repeat # 5-8 and # 9 -12, 100 m cool down

swim #2 - 200 m warm up, 4 x 75m swim with 45 second rest - swim the middle 25 back stroke, 3 x 100 pull with 60 second rest, 100 m cool down


and if I can get in a swim #3 - 100 warm up swim, 60 second rest, 4 x 25 kick - 40 second rest, 3 x 50m pull 20 second rest, 2 x 100 swim, 60 second rest, 3 x 50 pull 40 second rest, 4 x 25 kick, 20 second rest, 100 m cool down



Training for the week:

Monday: Swim workout #1, strength (probably Hope Solo's Nike Training Club workout)
Tuesday: Tuesday morning spin class with Leora
Wednesday: Tempo workout
Thursday: Swim workout #2, strength (maybe a xfit girl workout)
Friday: Speed workout
Saturday: Bike - i'm going to shoot for the donaldson center 20 mile ride
Sunday: 12 miles

*that's subject to change as it always seems to happen that way.


I hope I can stick to this since I've scheduled it. I can talk myself out of anything for whatever reason.







1 comment: