Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You can eat this and you can eat that...


As I have mentioned before, there are SO MANY DIFFERENT beliefs about nutrition. Also, as I have mentioned before, I am in the midst of trying to figure out what is causing all of these issues with nausea and what exactly is bothering my body. 

First - there is Paleo which I have discussed. There are lots of different beliefs and versions of Paleo but basically, the main theme is that you don't eat any grains or dairy. Everything is fruit, veggies and meat. Grains are supposed to be poisonous and cause disease. Our bodies are supposedly unable to process grains and when trying to do so, we are actually poisoning our bodies. Same with dairy. 


Then - there's a book I'm reading called Skinny Bitch. 





This basically says that you should take the information from paleo and do the opposite. Meat is the devil and our bodies have evolved beyond eating meat. The one thing they do agree on is dairy is a no no. The book is promoting a vegan lifestyle. It has scientific evidence, just as Paleo does, to support it's argument. 


So... where do I fit? I'm honestly not one to support extreme diets so i'm probably not going to follow either one of them fully. The issue I have is finding out what is actually irritating my stomach. Is it the acidic nature of meat?? or is it the irritating side effect of gluten? I have no idea. 


What is your experience with either one of these diets? 
Do you have any food allergies/intolerances? 

No comments:

Post a Comment