Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Health Activist Writer's Month

Workout for yesterday -
Run
Total Time - 46 minutes

The workout was to run for 30-40 minutes with 1 mile at goal 5k pace. My goal 5k pace is 9:40.

Mile 1 - 10:30
Mile 2 - 9:39 (success)
Mile 3 - 11:13 (not success)
Cool Down walk with the hubby - .68 miles, 15 minutes
I was torn up after that fast mile, so the last mile was a disaster! I will mention that I live in the hilliest part of Greenville (at least I think so). 




Workout for Today
Run
Total Time - 44 minutes

Warm up drills
4 minute warm up job
5 sets of 45 strides (30 second repeats)
5 sets of 90 strides (60 second repeats)
5 sets of 45 strides (30 second repeats)

Total Mileage - 3.08 miles

I just let the watch run continuously and hit lap for every repeat

I just signed up to do a challenge with Wego health. It'll be interesting to see what exactly it is, but basically, they send you a topic to discus every day for 30 days. If you're interested, here is the link -

Health Activist Writer's Challenge

I can't wait!!

Namaste Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. That "Health Activitst Writer's Challenge" sounds interesting and I am tempted to join, but I wonder, if I really do have that much to say??

    BTW, thanks for the info on sugar... I never knew!!! Basically, he already lost, because he had cookies yesterday and they sure weren't vegan. We are still debating if he can have strikes or not! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure - I mean, I know I have a lot to say, but if it's correct - who knows :)

      the only reason I knew was because I made a vegan dessert and then realized the sugar was considered not vegan. Yeah, vegan is tough. Vegetarian isn't as hard - but vegan means no sugar, butter, anything made with those two things, NOTHING. It would be so hard to do!

      Delete